CALGARY, ALBERTA–(Marketwired – Nov. 4, 2016) – Founders Advantage Capital Corp. (TSX VENTURE:FCF) (the “Corporation” or “FA Capital”) is pleased to announce that as part of the Corporation’s long-term strategy to maximize shareholder value, the Board of Directors has approved the implementation of a new dividend policy:
- In 2017, the Company will pay an annual dividend of $0.05 per common share (payable quarterly); and
- In subsequent years, the quarterly dividend will be linked to distributable free cash received from investee entities, whereby the Company intends to pay up to 80% of the free cash flow it receives.
The first quarterly dividend ($0.0125 per common share) is expected to be declared in mid-March, 2017 to shareholders of record as at March 31, 2017.
Stephen Reid, President and CEO of FA Capital, commented: “With the announcement of our second intended acquisition this week, we believe that implementing a dividend policy is an important progression of our business. Although we consider ourselves a growth company, providing a dividend to our shareholders has always been one of our fundamental objectives. While we intend on reinvesting most of our distributable free cash into new acquisitions in 2017, we also want to commence providing some yield to shareholders.”
About Founders Advantage Capital Corp.
The Corporation is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange as an Investment Issuer (Tier 1) and employs a long-term investment approach. The Corporation has developed an investment approach to create long-term value for its shareholders and partner entrepreneurs (investees) by pursuing controlling interest acquisitions of cash flow positive, premium middle-market privately-held entities. The Corporation seeks to win mandates by appealing to the segment of the market which is not aligned with traditional private equity control, royalty monetizations or related structures. The Corporation’s innovative platform offers disproportionate incentives (contractually) for growth in favour of our partner entrepreneurs. This unique platform is designed to appeal to entrepreneurs who believe in the growth of their businesses and who want the added ability to continue to manage the business with a long-term partner.
The Corporation’s common shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “FCF”.
For further information please refer to the Corporation’s website at www.advantagecapital.ca.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Certain statements in this document constitute forward-looking information under applicable securities legislation. Forward-looking information typically contains statements with words such as “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “will”, “expect”, “plan”, “schedule”, “intend”, “propose”, or similar words suggesting future outcomes or an outlook. Forward-looking information in this document includes, but is not limited to:
- the dividend amount per share to be declared quarterly in 2017;
- the dividend amount per share to be declared quarterly subsequent to 2017;
- the percentage of distributable free cash flow to be paid to shareholders;
- the first quarterly dividend will be declared in March, 2017; and
- the intended reinvestment of distributable free cash into new acquisitions in 2017.
Such forward-looking information is based on a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect. Assumptions have been made with respect to the following matters, in addition to any other assumptions identified in this document:
- that the Corporation will have sufficient cash available to pay a dividend in 2017 or in subsequent years as contemplated herein;
- that the Corporation will receive distributable free cash flow from its investee entities;
- that the Corporation will not need to change its dividend policy to fund other corporate initiatives;
- that the Corporation will complete additional acquisitions in 2017.
Although the Corporation believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking information are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on them as the Corporation can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Forward-looking information is based on expectations, estimates and projections that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated by the Corporation and described in the forward-looking information. The material risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to:
- the failure of the Corporation to generate distributable free cash from its investee entities;
- the ability of the Corporation to execute on its business plan as previously disclosed;
- the risks and uncertainties applicable to the operations of the Corporation and its investee entities.
The foregoing list of risks is not exhaustive. For more information relating to risks, see the section titled “Risk Factors” in the Corporation’s current annual information form. The forward-looking information contained in this document is made as of the date hereof and, except as required by applicable securities law, the Corporation undertakes no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements or information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.